Boutros-Ghali re: FADH/FRAPH Documents (fwd)

From:MKarshan@aol.com

  CAMPAIGN FOR THE RETURN OF THE FADH/FRAPH DOCUMENTS

	CJP(Gonaïves), FAVILEK, FONDASYON 30 SEPTANM, KNM
	MAP VIV, NCHR-Haiti, OJMR, OPDP, OPDR, POHDH, SOJIDEM

					Port-au-Prince, June 27, 1999

Honorable Boutros Boutros-Ghali
Secretary General of the International
  Organisation for Francophonie

Mr. Secretary General,

	The Campaign for the Return of the FRAPH/FADH documents welcomes you
to Haiti.  We are a group of Haitian women's, grassroots and human rights
organisations.  We have followed with great interest your tenure as UN
Secretary General.  We thank you for your clear and strong positions in favor
of democracy in Haiti.  We congratulate you for continuing this fight with
another organisation (Francophonie).

	We appeal to your sense of commitment in order to help us recover in
their entirety the FRAPH/FADH archives that were illegally taken by American
troops at the time of the return of the constitutional order in Haiti.  These
documents are the legal property of Haiti, and are important to shed light on
the events of the coup, and to prepare cases against the criminals of the de
facto regime.

	We have mounted a campaign that has already had much support
throughout the world, especially in Francophone countries such as France,
Belgium, Switzerland and Canada.  At the international level, we have the
support of organisations and individuals such as Adama Dieng, the Independent
Expert on Haiti for the UN Commission on Human Rights, Louis Joinet, Special
Rapporteur for the Sub-Commission on Impunity, three Nobel Peace Prize
winners, Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, and MICIVIH.

	We ask for your help in our efforts.  Your assistance could take the
form of a letter of support, signing the petition we are circulating, or any
other support that you could give us.  We believe that your support for this
initiative would be very significant, as the American troops came to Haiti
pursuant to UN Resolution 940, while you were Secretary General.  Your help
would also reinforce your reputation for principled stands in the face of
pressure from certain powerful countries.

	If you would like additional information, you may contact the
campaign as follows: email: avokahaiti@aol.com, telephone 509-245-8550, fax
245-0371, mail: Fondasyon 30 Septanm, Boite Postale 19042, Port-au-Prince,
Haiti.

	We thank you in advance for your support in this initiative, and ask
you Mr. Secretary General, to accept our best wishes.

                                   For the Campaign,

						Johnson Aristide
						SOJIDEM (Soleil Justice
						  pour la Democratie)