#1048: Work place: Lyall replies to Simido

From: Jedidiah Daudi Lyall <dlyall@cruzio.com>

<< Are Americans making
>money off of the backs of poor, un/under-educated
>Haitians in Haiti? I don't think so. While I agree
>that there is certainly oppression in Haiti, that
>oppression is more likely to come at the hands of a
>Haitian than an American.
>
>1. - what about the legacy of US company's sweatshop labor in haiti, i.e
>Disney, baseball manufacturing, etc ???

I would guess that the writer has never met a haitian who work(ed/s)
at one of those horrific sweatshops. I have met a few.
One gentleman was a mechanic at a factory, maintaining production
equipment which has since been shipped to Indonesia. He has been
without a job
for a few years now and tries to feed brothers and sisters by hitting
up
foreigners to practice english.

Numerous people have told me that they would rather work for a
foreigner
than a haitain boss.

You tell me why that is. I know already.
----
J. David Lyall or
     Jedidiah Daudi
dlyall AT cruzio DOT com