#1057: Episcopal Church in Haiti (fwd)

From:GCook69833@aol.com

        Max Blanchet of Bahaco suggested I write to you.

        I came back from a ten day delegation to Haiti last month in which
the members presented a school bus to (former) President Aristide for his
foundation in Port-au-Prince.  From there the delegation visited with various
"grass roots" developmental projects, etc. over the country.
        On coming back I've been assigned to do a cyber interview with the
Episcopal bishop in Haiti, Jean Zache Duracin, which he has agreed to do.
But before this is to be published I have been asked to do a 500 word
backgrounder on the Episcopal Church in Haiti. For this short article I have
a deadline of Dec. 10th.
        Therefore, would you be so kind as to post this query on your
listserv.  I would like any information on the history and the current work
of the Church in Haiti that your correspondents could provide me.  Also, any
relevant sources that are available in English or French.  I live in
Berkeley; so, I am near decent academic libraries in the area.
        Please have your correspondents reply to me directly or to reply to
your listserv & to cc me.
        Thanks, & a Happy Thanksgiving!

                                                        Peace,
                                                        Geoffrey Cook