#1065: DR and Espace de Concertation: Chamberlain comments (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> VYeghoyan@aol.com wrote:

> With all the speculation about why the DR is purging itself of Haitians
at
> this particular time, one of my Haitian friends at the grassroots level
in
> Leogane said that people on the streets seem to think there is some
> significance to the fact that a delegation from Espace Concertation went
> the DR the week before the deportations started.

> Sort of lends credence to Ben Depuy's argument, stated in Haiti Progress
on
> 11-10-99, regarding a "Dominican Invasion" which might be part of the
> strategy of Jesse Helms and the CIA

> Has anyone else heard that connection with Espace Concertation being
made?

Must we really substitute for level-headed reasoning
rumours on the streets of distant Léogane allied to the "analyses"
of a paranoid politician and his newspaper?  But perhaps
I'm wrong.  Maybe the CIA and Jesse Helms arranged for
Hurricane Lenny to give Haiti a miss so their invasion plan
could stay on track.  You never know in this computer age...

Greg Chamberlain