# 1370: Goff comments on Liberation Theology: Benson adds

Folks, from here on out I'll just pass notes to participants.  The topic
has taken a turn away from Haiti and into L.T. proper.

Bob

From: LeGrace Benson <legracebenson@clarityconnect.com>

>From: Stan Goff <stangoff@all4democracy.org>
>
>Minor but critical (in my opinion point) Christian dogma was not based
upon the particular cosmology (Ptolemaic)that Copernicus's discoveries
showed to be in error. When the Church all too recently recognized its
error of science, it did not thereby have to revise any of its fundamental
dogmas, among which are those that support efforts to feed the hungry, give
the second coat to him or her who has none etc.