#1464: poorest nation reply to Kathie (fwd)

From: ange perrault <ange.perrault@mail.tju.edu>

>From:KKLARREICH@aol.com
>And how might you reply to comments Aristide recently made in a CBC interview:
> ".........If on a global scale, 1.3 billion people live on less than a $1 per day,
>and in the case of Haiti we're talking about the poorest nation in the hemisphere,
>things are comparable to what is happening worldwide."
>So please, it's not just reporters who are guilty of using (and too often
>overusing) "the poorest nation in the hemisphere" phrase.
>
>Kathie Klarreich

Just because Aristide, x-president of Haiti, made the comment that makes it right:
Those were his words! if what is happening in Haiti is comparable to what is
happening the rest of the word, then Haiti cannot be the poorest nation.

What do I say:  then the x-president is wrong, and you should tell him that.

Ange R. Perrault, Ph.D.
ange.perrault@mail.tju.edu