#1597: The fire in Jeremie : Durran comments

From: Mary Durran <mdurran@colba.net>

Also, will the fire engine donated by the city of Montreal be capable of
negotiating the "roads" in and around Jérémie?

I look forward to hearing what happens to this vehicle.  Having seen many
HNP vehicles lying wheel-less and rusty in a state of disrepair in the
yards of police stations throughout the provinces, I  hope a similar fate
does not befall the Montreal fire engine.

I also wonder if Montreal mayor Pierre Bourque has thought this one out,
and if he realises that his publicity stunt may backfire if in a few
weeks/months, the fire engine is lying, incapacitated and lacking parts, in
a pile of dust in Jérémie.