#1664: Disagreeing with Simidor by Nekita

From:Nlbo@aol.com

Simidor,
I tend to side more with both Hudicourts and Delatour. I believe Haitians
don't maintain what they have Period. Don't blame our carelessness attitude
on anyone. We are responsible.
Look at a monument such as Citadel. What did haitians do to maintain it? Did
the money for the renovations  done in the  80's and 90's come from Haiti's
budget?
Who should we blame for Peligre's lack of maintenance?
Many countries whose valuable properties or monuments were destroyed either
by war (especially during WWII) or natural disasters like earthquakes or
floods had reconstructed or rebuilt their monuments. Couldn't Haiti
reconstruct Palais Sans Souci, Palais a 365 Portes? Japan reconstructed many
of its temples.
What about all those nice wooden gingerbread houses?  Could not they be
maintained?
I went to Jeremie for the first time in l996. I could only imagine the beauty
that my parents always tell me about that town of poets when they were
growing up. I try to imagine if all the wooden houses and the tall brick
structures were well kept, painted  or restored, Jeremie would have been such
an attractive city assuming one could get there without risking their life in
such dangerous roads or ferries.
If homeowners in Haiti were like the people of Milot, the country would have
been such a picturesque place. People in Petit -Goave and Camp Perrin try to
maintain their properties also.
Therefore, Simidor needs to reconsider his statement . Based on all the vivid
illustrations given on  poorly maintained roads, trucks, cars, ambulances,
buildings, machineries, we Haitians ate the beans, we need to sh---  them, no
one else. Also, remember the Haitian proverb" Si pa t gen sitirE, pa ta gen
volE" ( There is no thief without an accomplice- in the Haitian sense of
course)
Happy 196th anniversary,
Nekita