#1784: funeral for those who perished at sea (in Miami)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Dear Bob,

The Haitian American Grassroots Coalition and a group of concerned citizens
are planning to hold a "mock' funeral, a memorial service ofsorts for those
who perished at sea on that ill-fated trip to Miami. The funeral is of
course a means to protest the Justice department's /INS unfair treatment of
Haitians.

The 'funeral' will be held on Wesnesday January 12 on 54th  and NE 1st in
Little Haiti. For those who wish to participate but are unable to attend, we
are suggesting that flowers, floral wreaths be sent to the following address
care of the Haitian American Grassroots Coalition: PAX VILLA, USA 54 N.E
54th Street. I can be contacted by phone at 305-758-3338.

Messages of support are also welcomedand may abe read at the funeral.