#2966: Book on the 1937 massacre of Haitian in Dominican Republic

>From Bob Corbett

I was amazed when today's mail brought me a book I had never heard of
before on such an important historical topic.

The book is:  HOLOCAUST IN THE CARIBBEAN:  THE SLAUGHTER OF 25,000
HAITIAN BY TRUJILLO IN ONE WEEK.  By Miguel Aquino.  With an introduction
buy Howard Zinn.    Waterbury, CT:  Emancipation Press, 1997.
ISBN:  1-890-411-0-0.

Mine is a used copy, and I only have the one copy, but the inside cover
offers phone orders at:

1-800-345-1776.

I have no idea if the book is still in print, but I am amazed that
I'd never heard of it before.

In looking through this 184 paged book it seems to be more of a
history of Trujillo with three of the chapters focusing more or
less on the 1937 massacre.  Thus the sub-title is a bit misleading.

Nonetheless, I am most happy to have added this analysis to my own
library and look forward to checking it out in more detail when time
allows.

Bob Corbett