#2994: Re: #3183: The Return of the Dark Days - PINA COMMENTS (fwd)

From: kevin pina <cariborganics@hotmail.com>

After having read the Wilentz piece for the LA Times I decided to call a few
friends of various stripes and affiliations to get their comments. Without
exception, not one of them had ever considered, nor have ever heard of a
position, forwarding racism as a factor in the flight of Bob Manuel or the
assasination of Jean Dominique. Comments ranged from "riduculous" to "what
is her game?." A well-known Haitian commentator from TNH summed it up best
after reading the piece and being informed of the author's connection to
Haiti. He asked, "Does she know our rainy season is late this year? Remind
me who she is again."

kp