#3201: Re: Haitian Constitution (fwd)

From: kevin pina <cariborganics@hotmail.com>

                                 CHAPTER I

                            The Republic of Haiti

                               FIRST ARTICLE:
Haiti is an indivisible, sovereign, independent, cooperatist, free,
democratic and social republic.

Elections were "irregular" and had to be postponed due to the occupation of
British troops in the US in 1812 and later during the Civil War. These
postponements were done in the interest of sovereignity for a fledgling
democracy in the throws of chaos. Does not Haiti, if it is still considered
a sovereign nation, not have the same right to guarantee its fledgling
democracy?  Is Haiti still a sovereign repubplic or has history changed
that? This is not a rhetorical question and I would really like to know what
others think.

kp