#3444: Aristide and violence: Grey replies to Chamberlain

From:Racine125@aol.com

<< Aristide aspires to be a statesman, a leader of all Haitians.  His interest
 (in the absence of any immediate "revolution") is to maintain order --
 without casseurs (mob rule), without macoutes at the service of the state.
 I'm sure this is ardently desired by 99.9% of all Haitians.  >>

No it ISN'T!  LOL!  What is "ardently desired by 99.9% of Haitians" is to be
on the *winning team*, and to get some magouj out of it.  People where I
worked didn't vote for the candidate they thought was best qualified and most
likely to increase employment and improve living conditions for all Haitians,
they voted for the candidate who knew them personally, who they thought was
most likely to toss them personally a few scraps from the Mairie's budget or
a little job in the Douane!

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html";>http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>