#3814: On asking Aristide... Antoine responds to Poincy (fwd)

From: Guy Antoine <GuyAntoine@windowsonhaiti.com>

From: Jean Poincy <caineve@idt.net>

> If I understand well, Antoine is asking Aristide not run for president
> out of nobility to show that he was never behind the violence
attributed
> to his party or because he feels that the man is not up to par to
> conduct the affaires of Ayiti...
> Rather than asking Aristide not to run for presidency for the sake of
> nobility as Antoine begs of him...

No, Poincy, I would have thought you understood the English language
well enough not to draw that erroneous, and hopefully not malicious,
conclusion.  Please read again my post.

How could such a POINTILLISTIC analyzer of language make such
a colossal misinterpretation? Is there more here than meets the eye?

Guy Antoine
http://windowsonhaiti.com

P.S.  Here's the text of my message which Poincy so generously
"misrepresented":

"Mr. Aristide, if you were in any way responsible for the pre-electoral
violence that many have accused your party of waging, I would ask you
then to do the honorable thing and not run for President of Haiti,
because quite frankly, you would be undeserving of such an honor and
privilege.  You would not have the moral capacity necessary to provide
the leadership  our country desperately needs.  Make no mistake about
that.  If on the other hand, all of this violence has been part of the
cynical games aimed to prevent, weaken, or destabilize the choice of the
people of Haiti, may you triumph over your detractors, large and small,
because in the end... the Haitian people must for themselves determine
their future and build a path out of violence and misery towards peace,
justice and prosperity."

JUDGE FOR YOURSELVES!