#4138: Adoption/Migration/Coup/Vodou--McAlister/Nicolas essay (fwd)

From: Elizabeth McAlister <emcalister@mail.wesleyan.edu>

My daughter Lovely and I have written an essay about meeting each other in
Haiti during the coup years, her life with Boukman Eksperyans, and about
her journey to the U.S.  It has been published on Womenshands, a web site
owned by Oxygen.com, Oprah's new company.  The address is:
http://www.womenshands.com/artisans/haiti/lucky.html

There is also an accompanying story about Vodou drapo maker Myrlande
Constant.  I believe her flags are also for sale through the site.  All in
all, a positive rendering of Haiti and its culture.

Elizabeth McAlister
Assistant Professor
Department of Religion
Wesleyan University