#Morse/Benson on cotton, coffee and rice

From: oloffsonram <oloffsonram@globelsud.net>

The first time I heard the "cotton" song I heard it as a parody by Alan
Sherman(I hope thats the right name).
Got to jump down spin around pick a dress of cotton
Got to jump down spin around pick a dress of wool
How does this one look on me
Just like Jackie Kennedy....

What stopped the production of Haitian cotton in the first place? Are
we exporting Haitian rice and Haitian coffee to niche markets? They're
both excellent products. The niche markets are better found on the web
(for that we need electricity, computer literacy, money for
computuers,a good mailing system etc). I'm all for the Haitian people
making a living. I overreacted to Poincy, which I'm explaining in
another post.

Richard Morse