#4870: Slavin: A New Phrase (fwd)

From: JPS390@aol.com

Today's New York Times Travel section has a fine article about the summer
pleasures of the Caribbean, by Daisann McLane. In it, she mentions a stay in
Port-au-Prince at the Hotel Olaffson. Send out the hounds! I've wondered if a
linguistic conference should be held to study the heritage of "Oloffson" in
21st Century parlance...if this is further evidence of the media's clear
preference for the comfort of the hills and the state of Montana and a lack
of interest in covering Carrefour Feuille...if reporters in Haiti should be
required to wear tee-shirts with ""I'm With The Media" on the front and "Stop
Me Before I Kill Again" on the back.

Patrick Slavin