#4984: More on 95 Elections Results (fwd)

From: Max Blanchet <MaxBlanchet@worldnet.att.net>

Lest I be accused of using Libète as the only source of

data on previous elections, I also checked back issues of

Haiti en Marche (HEM).

In its issue of August 23 to 29 1995, Vol. IX, No. 28, HEM

reported only the following results (West), which are not as

complete as Libète's, but essentially corroborate them:

OUEST

Wesner EMMANUEL	212,714		63.6%

Jean-Robert SABALA	134,514		40.2%

Turneb DELPE		   44,141		13.2%

>From these votes and the percentages, one can compute

the denominator, or 334,456, 334,612 and 334,402, the

variation being due to the rounding off of the percentages.

The average is 334,490 which is close to the total reported

in my earlier post (334,422.) Keeping in mind that the total

number of votes was twice that number because people were

voting for two senators, 668,844 votes were cast.

This means that all the other candidates combined got

277,475 votes (668,844 - 212,714 - 134,514 - 44,141.)

Thus, all the votes were taken into account.

AGAIN, IT IS CLEAR FROM THE ABOVE -- BUTRESSED BY

IDENTICAL DATA FROM TWO SEPARATE SOURCES LIBÈTE &

HEM -- THAT THE METHOD USED IN 2000 WHICH TOOK INTO

ACCOUNT ONLY THE VOTES OBTAINED BY THE TOP FOUR
VOTE-GETTERS WAS NOT USED IN 1995 AS CLAIMED.