#5104: Looking for info on Koupe Gato (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

From: makandal-ny@juno.com

I'm looking for information about the Koupe Gato, and my sources are
sketchy.  It's usually presented as conflated with the Christian
Epiphany, the close of Christmas season.  Do other interpretations exist?
 From an Afro-Haitian perspective, is there a connection between Koupe
Gato and the debut of Carnival bands the first Sunday following it?

Lois Wilcken
La Troupe Makandal - New York City's #1 Haitian Roots Ensemble
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org