#5169: RE: #5139: Amos Jeannot : Ballard comments

From: Linda  Ballard <linda.ballard@hci.utah.edu>

I have been very upset as I read on this list the poignant account of the
kidnapping, the pleading and finally the culmination when the tortured body
of this poor man was found.  I do not understand the politics of this at
all.

It appears it was a terrorist act.  What great threat are these small
grassroots organizations to anyone?  Who or what could possibly gain much if
they went away?  I am obviously missing something.

Linda

Linda Wood Ballard
Genomics Core Facility
4A 430A School of Medicine