5442: RE: 5426: kerosene stoves, charcoal, and a bright future ;> , (fwd)

From: Martha VanCise <mvancise@ircc.net>

I used a kerosene stove while living in Bolivia.  They definitely were
tricky to get started and had a tendency to suddenly erupt in flames two
feet high.  My kettles were always black and the danger of fire so bad, that
I moved the stove outside and cooked outside.  Thatched roofs and flammable
walls will quickly catch on fire unless these stoves are watched closely.
mvancise