5914: Re: 5911: 'Blan' & Haitian Culture (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< Understanding Haitian Culture -- Haitians never showed any racism against
 foreigners. One's color does not really matter in Haiti...>>

Earth to Vedrine come in please!  :-)  What country are you talking about?
This statement is so completely contrary to my experience and the experience
of other non-black non-Haitians I am astounded that you could even type it!

<<and this goes back to the time of the Haitian Revolution (almost 200 years
ago). Dessalines (the nation's father) himself is clear on that by granting
Haitian
 citizenship to Polish soldiers...>>

Dessalines also assassinated helpless white women whom he lured from hiding
with promises of safe passage.  His men ripped the fetuses from the bellies
of pregnant white women, and replaced them with the severed heads of the
women's husbands!

<<If you live with them, eat with them, struggle with them, speak
 their language, respect them, understand their cry for liberation... I
 pretty much doubt they would you consider you a foreigner ('blan') no matter
 what color you are.>>

To the contrary, no matter WHAT you do to advance and improve the cause and
conditions of Haitians, in general or individually, you are still a "blan",
still a target, still a candidate for stealing and exploitation.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html";>