6152: RE: 6129 : Archim comments on accident

From: archim <archim@globelsud.net>

        Thanks to Victoria for the truth regarding the situation with the
     American missionaries. Those of us here in Haiti knew the full story,
     but the US news media needed to make it a bit more "newsworthy" so
     they had to embellish it and make the whole story into a melodrama
     which makes the US Coast Guard the hero. Now the Coast Guard performed
     wonderfully, and I am pleased to know that they were available, but we
     DO need to give credit to those on the Haiti side who saved the lives
     of the missionaries! If everything in Haiti was as bad as the press
     would lead others to think, those missionaries could possibly still be
     lying in the road.
        Thank you to the staff and other workers at Ste. Croix Hospital in
     Leogane who really saved the day! Maybe the missionaries will set the
     record straight when they have recovered sufficiently.
                         archim