6285: Re: 6278: Son very sick in Port-Au-Prince (fwd)

From: joseph lafortune <ctec4234@yahoo.com>

 Let us keep our fingers crossed for the hospitalized
son in haiti.
 Talking about US standards is the adventist hospital
in Diquini(Carrefour)run by US personal. Because of
the transportation and the demographic explosion, it
has been very difficult for qualified physicians to
practice medicine there. I was surprise I had to
obtain the privileges like in the US. eventhough I was

on the medicallist of the American Embassy.
Next one in line is in Leogane run by American kid
from Cornel(N.Y)
I wish this kid well.
Pneumonia could be one of the very serious
pathological condition in terms of its complications,
from psychosis to asthmatiform reaction.
Depending on the case;Blood gaz studies is
mandatory,Respiratory therapist available tid,
 Haiti does not have : 10 Respiratory technician, 10
Dialysis Technician, 20 EKG technician; 10 Medical
Assistant; 10 Medical Technologist and so forth,
Do not get wrong, the physician are more than OK. No
logistics and underpay.
One of these days I will gladly write for you an
Editorial.
What we call, primary care does not exist in Haiti.
case mangement does not exist either. The surgeon are
fantastic provided there is no post op complications.
Politics is evrywhere.
With the hope the kid is well and this charged in no
time.
With the American clientele they are advised to come
to mIami in ambulance so that they receive $ 1500 for
being in the plane.
 HEALTH IN ANY COUNTRY IS FUNCTION OF POLITICAL
STABILITY
 THANK YOU
 JOELAFORTUNE