6414: Re: 6275: Re: 6269: Re: 6265: Re: parallel government (fwd)

From: Hyppolitep@aol.com

It seems pretty clear to me what the Groupe De Convergence's current strategy
is.

They know that on February 7, 2001, it is extremely likely that the new
elected government will be in office. They also know that their chance of
such success in a democratic setting is dim at best, since they practically
have no support from the electorate. They also know at the same time that
Lavalas has been accused numerous times of drug dealing, without anyone of
the accusers ever providing any kind of proof.

There is now a Republican administration in the White House. There also is
the Noriega precedent (December 20, 1989). They hope that the usual
Lavalas-bashing sector in the international press will start a campaign for
them to denigrate the new government and the newly elected president as drug
dealers. Then there would be a "surgical removal" of the leader in power.
They (the Groupe de Convergence) would hence be prepared by that time to take
over, since they already have set up their so-called "parallel government."
They would them claim "experience."

It is as simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less. I am confident that,
this is the strategy behind this idea of "parallel government."

Hyppolite Pierre