7020: Re: 7007: Sun-Sentinel: Miami lawyer helping Catholic Law School in Jérémie (fwd)

From: P D Bellegarde-Smith <pbs@csd.uwm.edu>

I keep bringing this up to those folks who were involved in this process
after Aristide's return. What legal system does one plan to follow for
Haiti? The Napoleonic system as amended by nearly Two centuries of Haitian
jurisprudence? In this case the state of Louisiana is the only relevant
state that can grant assistance to Haiti. The lawyers who had
contacted me during and after Aristide's return remained mum on this
point. I mean: they did not seem to know what I was talking about.
Does anyone know what the Miami lawyer plans in this regard? What gives?