7241: Re: 7236: Defending Lauture (fwd)

From: patrick sylvain <sylvaipa@hotmail.com>

It seems to me that this person who is defending Mrs. Lauture is obviously
an American, more than likely white and unquestionanbly someone who has no
real notion of the depth of poverty, nor the history of Haiti.  Although, a
patriach society, exploitation has been rampant and conducted by many women
in haiti.  As a matter of fact, many of the so-called "powerfull men" in
haiti, they have always been supported, advised and sometimes dictated by
women.  so the issue of gender control or gender power as it relates to
Haiti and its state of deprivation and extreme poverty is utterly irrelevant
(keep in mind, though, that gender injustice is very real in Haiti and women
do suffer a lot both in the private and public realms)  ...Furthermore, if
you do not know who Gladys Lauture is, do not even attempt on defending her
or the thousands of Haitian like her who are sucking the country dry.

Pretty soon we are going to celebrate our 200th anniversary of independence,
yet and unfortunately, from politics to economics we are not independent.
As I have written and said many times, we are neither capitalists nor
liberalists (in the real sense of the terms), our market economy is an
auto-feeder, a living organism without consciousness. To best understand the
Darwinian theory, Haiti is a natural laboratory for such a study.  Hence,
what is at play here is another element of this auto-feeding mechanism which
Lauture is a part of.  Those Haitians, maybe better to say US HAITIANS, we
are a bunch of "malprope."  We refuse to pick up our dignity and left-over
pride to really rescue our dying country.   We'd rather travel to the
Dominican Republic or the other Caribbean Islands for our shopping or
vacationing, we'd rather go to Florida for our medical care instead of
building better hospitals.   This is not about Aristide or Lauture and all
of the other players who are sinking their teeth into the skeleton of dying
Haiti, it is about introspection and truth.  It is about justice and perhaps
the start of a small process whereby Haitians will accept haiti as their
country, as their future, as a place like any other places where people
deserve to live like human beings.   There is nothing wrong in making money
when it is legal, but there is something wrong in becoming billionaires in
the absent of .COM and industrial investments.   Between 1996 and 2000 there
were 300 (three hundred) new millionaires in Haiti.  All from the .COCAINE
and the sell of Arms.

So, please, do not bring the women element in this context.  There are too
many Haitian women who are honest, intelligent, powerful and who are not
blood-bathing in the country's wealth.

Please, those of you who are insiders, start speaking the truth against
corruptions, death-squads and all other form of illegalities that are
systematically dragging the country further into the abyss.

By the way, what ever happened to "transparence"?

Democratically and in hope for a better future,

Patrick