7267: student traveling to Haiti seeks advice (fwd)

From: Miriam Neptune <newneptune@hotmail.com>

Hello friends. I am sending this post on behalf of my friend. She is a grad
student at Kennedy School in Cambridge, studying Public Policy. She is also
an experienced traveler (we met in South Africa), but has never been to
Haiti...Can anyone offer her tips, potential contacts, or advice?

Thanks,
M. Neptune
-----

I'm headed to Haiti during the last week of March and would love advice on
good places to visit (in addition to Port-au-Prince), good places to stay
(not too expensive), museums, good sightseeing spots, beaches... I have been
fascinated by Haiti's history and culture for sme time and am really excited
for my trip (I have traveled to several countries of the African Diaspora
but have never made it to Haiti).  I am also interested in attending a vodun
ceremony, preferably one that is not "touristic" (In Brazil several of the
candomble ceremonies I attended seemed geared towards the tourists who
visited).  In general I would also like any advice on traveling to Haiti -
what to bring, wear, expect, etc.

We will also be in Santo Domingo for a few days - any advice you can offer
on similar things I asked for Haiti would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

axe-

lorelei_williams@hotmail.com