7755: Re: 7739: Loup Garou (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< Today let try to tackle a subject that we have ignored for
 quite some times: the role of voodoo and superstition in our life.>>

Oh brother, "Vodou and superstition", huh?

<<If your parents are lougaroup, sanpwel they can enroll you without your
 knowledge or they can transfer it to you when they are going to die>>

That's not true, by the way, in the Sanpwel we choose our members, it's not
inherited.  Becoming a loup garou is not inherited either, although I suppose
your parent could "sell you out".

<<young women
 might expose early, looking for way to keepâ?¦. And without their knowledge
they became
 lougaroup. >>

This is just SO false.

<<Some have tendency to
 link that practice to peasant, not true, pastor, priest; churchgoers,
atheist and so
 on is practicing it. >>

That's for sure - I know one Protestant pastor in Jacmel who holds church
services during the day and calls the lwa at night!  LOL!

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html