7776: Time magazine

I'm reading this quote in the May 7,  2001 issue of Time magazine where
Aristide says "I have to be realistic. Haiti needs investors." and then I
think of Jean Dominique getting killed, and the attacks on the other radio
stations; I think of self censureship, and my engineers telling me the
government told them to stop working (at gun point), and I think of mobs
on
the streets and airports being closed and ports being closed and
opposition
politicians being killed, trying to run for office in the May elections,
and
now the kidnappings, and I acknowledge, "yea he's still got some folks
behind
him", but if he really wanted investors, he should have started working on
that back in '94, cause most people don't get a second chance and he did.
can wait five years for his term to end. I'm not sure Jeb Bush can. He's
the
Governor, and Haiti's in Dade County.
Richard Morse