7821: Vodou,Veves&Voting, Bronx River Art Center-5/12-6/16-OPENING , 5/12 (fwd)

From: Tequila Minsky <tminsky@ix.netcom.com>

CONTEMPORARY &  TRADITIONAL SEQUINED TAPESTRIES
         BY  Haitian artists Anotine Oleyant and
                 Louisiana Artist Tina Girouard [author,  Sequin Artisits
of Haiti]

>Bronx River Art Museum, Saturday, 3-6 PM  OPENING RECEPTION
>1087 East Tremont Avenue
>#2 or 5 subway to East Tremont Avenue.
>Walk one block east to Bronx Street.
>Exhibit of sequined tapestries by Antoine Oleyant and Tina Girouard

Gallery Lecture/Tour
4:00PM  5/12
Professor Salvatore Scalora, Director of the william Benton Museum of Art
U of Conn
Addressing the cross-polination of ideas and aesthetics between the two
artists.

Tina Girouard, "He was a natural cubist and unlike other flag makers who
depict a single
image of one loa, or spirit on a solid background, his works were composed of
multiple images on a flowing background of color...

After years of knowing each other and letting ourselves be influenced by
each other, we were confident that we could create... together."

Also, La Troupe Makandal will perform at 6:00 PM