7858: Haitian Basketball Player enters NBA Draft (fwd)

From: citoyen mondial <citoyenmondial@hotmail.com>

Seton Hall's Dalembert enters NBA draft

South Orange, NJ (Sports Network) - The Seton Hall's men's basketball team
is continuing to feel the effects of the departure of head coach Tommy
Amaker, as a second underclassman has declared for the NBA draft. On
Wednesday, sophomore center Samuel Dalembert confirmed that his will forego
his final two seasons of eligibility and enter the draft.

Dalembert, who averaged only 8.3 points and 5.7 rebounds, joins freshman
forward Eddie Griffin as two Seton Hall early entries for the June 27 draft.

Even though Amaker broke his promise to his recruits by leaving the school
for Michigan after a tumultuous season last year, Dalembert was most likely
going to turn pro regardless. The 6-11 center had made it known that his
number-one priority was to take care of his family financially as soon as
possible.

Dalembert has hired Marc Cornstein to represent him, and in a report from
the Newark Star-Ledger in New Jersey, the New York-based agent said that
Dalembert made this decision for his own reasons.

"Sam said, 'Even if I have to go to Europe, I want to take care of my
family,'" Cornstein said to the newspaper.

The major reason for the move to the pros is that Dalembert has a sick
grandmother who lives in Haiti. She has had numerous strokes in the last few
years and Dalembert want to be able to move her to Miami, where his mother
is a nurse. Dalembert actually left the team for a brief period of time this
past season to be with his ailing grandmother, who had raised him.

Underclassmen have until Sunday to make themselves eligible.

05/10 09:55:43 ET