7897: Re: 7855: Off 7824 (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< From: Msiekolo@aol.com

 Mambo Racine sans Bout wrote :
        a client who wants her man back, and even though my card reading
 indicated that she is never going to have him back, she still wants me to
 work for her and is willing to pay. Most Haitian Houngans and Mambos
 would  take her money.  I won' t.

         I am wondering !!  Sounds so different of what I have learned>>

You mean that you think most Haitian Houngans and Mambos would turn down the
client?  Or you think that I would not?

In Vodou magic (as opposed to religious ceremonies) we work to help the
client attain their stated goals. Even if divination shows that the client's
man is not likely to return, standard operating procedure is to take the
money, do the work and see what happens.  But I am atypical in this regard.
If divination indicates that the case is hopeless, I tell the client and I
stop there.

 <<Question 1 : Are you reading the cards on your own or are you mounted
 by some spirits in so doing ?>>

Usually I do the divination on my own, but for whatever work is indicated I
sometimes call a lwa, who does the work.  It depends on the work!  If I am
giving a person a garde, I call a lwa.  If I am helping them to make a food
offering to the lwa, I do not call the lwa, at least until the offering is
correctly made.

 <<Question 2 :  In case that you "possessed" by the Loas, are you in charge
 of the work and the billing to the exclusion of  the Loas ?  >>

That is a baiting question.

First, there is no need to put the word "possessed" in quotation marks,
possession is a real phenomenon and I am certainly not the only person to
undergo it.

Secondly, and I repeat, Houngans and Mambos work for money.  We do not get a
salary from a central organization, we work for money, and that money we use
to support ourselves and our congregations.

Thirdly, although Houngans and Mambos are paid in cash, lwa generally require
payment in the form of service such as animal sacrifice or other material
items.

Fourthly, a person who is possessed by a lwa loses consciousness for that
period of time.  I do not know what the lwa says or does when I am possessed,
unless someone tells me.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb