7953: Re: 7921: Haitian $ is mathematical device and current practice (fwd)

From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean01@yahoo.com>

I am sorry, but the statement below just p*****ed me
off.

> From: JHUDICOURTB@aol.com
>
> The Haitian dollar is hard to get rid of because it
> is hard for people to
> deal with the large numbers that the gourde
> requires.

Really? The Dominican peso trades at around 17 to the
US$, yet Dominicans have no problem dealing with the
"large" numbers that the peso requiures. Are we
Haitians so dumb that we cannot do the same? The
statement above is simply hogwash.

Sorry for being harsh, but I think sometimes we are
just too damn lazy to get rid of a mythical currency
that is more of a pain then anything else. What's
wrong with the good ol' gourde?