7955: Haiti soccer history (fwd)

From: john kobylecky <kobyhadrian@hotmail.com>

Thank you for your kindness in helping me out on my Haitian research.
I've sent an e-mail to the gentleman you suggested.
During my long researches into Haiti football history, it is clear that two
defining moments in the past 100 years mark that history.
The first was their intial entry into the FIFA World Cup.
The second was their achievement in rearching the top table of that event,
when they rearched the Finals themselves, in 1974.
Indeed, that and matters surrounding it would have been a major topic of the
history of the island itself during 1973 and 1974. So I would trust that
your extensive Haitian archives would have this success well covered.
What was great for the island was not only World Cup Finals qualification,
but the manner of it. After an intial tournament to find the 6 best teams of
the region, the region finals were held in Haiti itself.
This was the first time that such had ever happened in this part of the
World, so there was much kudos for Haiti in being honoured with holding this
event.
I am hoping that you may hold material that relates to both the 1973 Haiti
event, and the 1974 Finals appearance.
WHY?
I have managed to find out 99% of all relevent information, but there are
two pieces of statistical fact that I need to iron out, which any such
publications you might hold, might contain.
1) In April 1972 Haiti played Puerto Rico in two matches to qualify for the
1973 elimination tournament, winning 7-0 and 5-0.
I need to know the timings of the goals in these games, and - if at all
possible - whether any substitutes were used by either side (I already know
the team lineups).
2) On 3rd and 5th December 1972 Surinam beat Antigua 6-0 and 3-1....
although this wasn't good enough to get them a ticket to Haiti.
I need to know the scorers of these goals, and - if at all possible - the
goal timings as well. Here again, I already know the team lineups, but
details of substitutions made (if any) would be good if you have them.
All other stastical detail regarding the other (many) nations in the region
is known, it is only these two pieces of detail I need.
Can you help. For instance, if any publication came out in Haiti looking
FORWARD to the 1973 tournament in Port-au-Prince was published (& there most
surely must have been....probably more than one!)it may well contain the
info. in detailing "how they got there"
Yours,
John Kobylecky
38 Croft Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, ENgland
Telephone/Fax number 00 44 16 38 66 42 46