7984: Advice sought

From: haiti@ixks.com

Well, after a long haul of paperwork, trips to Haiti and back, lots of money
in processing fees; the children are finally here with us and have their US
residency acceptance stamped in their passports.  It's been an amazing
amount of paperwork and trouble and I can't imagine how hard it must be for
people who are unaccustomed to US forms and government red tape.  The whole
process has made me think more and more about how much I would like to find
some kind of work helping/advocating for Haitians immigrating to the US.
We're considering a move to Miami and I'm wondering if anyone knows of an
organization along those lines in that area.

Having the children here in the states is an interesting study is cross
culturalism.  Many things have to be explained at the last minute, like;
"Darline no! Pull your pants up! -- we don't pee in the streets here!"  The
challenge for me is teaching them what they need to know to get along here
without losing too much of who they are and where they come from.  Quite a
challenge indeed.  Any thoughts?

Thanks to all who offered encouragement during the process.

C. Henrius