8036: Re: 8013: Re: 8003: Re: 7996: Re: 7994: Re: 7987: Social Services (fwd): Corbett interjects a distinction.... (fwd)

From: haiti@ixks.com

... Do the math!  How many children do you need to have in
>order to have two surviving employed sons?

Pull your claws back in.  I am not commenting either way on the conditions
at the root of the logic, nor am I making a moral judgement about the women
who make these decisions or teach the logic to their children.  I am simply
saying this aspect of the culture is sad because it doesn't work and only
makes a woman's chances of surviving even slimmer.

C. Henrius