8187: Re: 8183: AIDS and the Bashing of Haiti (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

In a message dated 6/5/2001 9:13:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Senou writes:

<< Twenty years ago, our name was first surface as the
 people who had brought AIDS into the world. ... What explanation the
scientific
 world has to give and why my country name was cited?>>

The four classes of people who were identified as being at *higher risk*,
that is to say having higher rates of HIV+ status than the average, were:

Haitians
Hemophiliacs
Heroin users
Homosexuals

These were RISK GROUPS, groups of people who statistically showed a higher
than average rate of HIV+ status at the time.

<< Since then, our tourist industry had collapsed. Should
 the Haitian be compensated?>>

Which Haitian?  The one with AIDS or the one who doesn't have AIDS?  The
Haitian tourist industry has suffered much more from the actions of the right
wing, fomenting coups d'etat and strewing the streets of Port-au-Prince with
cadavers.  Southeast Asia is rife with AIDS too (is there anywhere which
isn't, nowadays?) and sex tours are booming there, mostly because there isn't
any need for white men who want to abuse teenage Asian girls to fear
political violence.

 <<Should a class action suit
 be filed against those who had linked our national to
 this deadly virus? >>

Should a class action suit be filed against those who created it?

<<Still now no one had apologized,
 I still believe a suit shall be filed against these
 individuals, those countries who had claimed that the
 Virus AIDS had originated from Haiti.>>

I don't believe that anyone hypothesized that the HIV virus originated in
Haiti!  Two theories are current, one that it originated in Africa and one
that it originated in the biological warfare laboratories of the United
States.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb