13450: URGENT from Mambo Racine - Invitation to Fet Gede (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

I'd like to invite everyone on the Corbett list, espcially Corbetteers already in Haiti, to spend Fet Gede in Jacmel with the Roots Without End Society.  We will have a public service for the ancestors in the morning of November 2, drums and banda dancing all day, and a dance for Baron, Brigitte and the Gede lwa in the evening.

On November 4 we will have a brule zen ceremony, and again, all are invited!  Sound recording, photography, and videography are not only permitted, but encouraged.

:-)

We're located in the "Aviation" area of Jacmel, across the street from the airfield.  Ask for "Mambo Kati" or "Mambo Racine", or for Madame Blaise, the proprietor of the Rendez-Vous, which is in the same compound as our peristyle.

In fact, the Rendez-Vous is a good place to stop over.  (Check out http://www.geocities.com/rendez_vous_hotel/rendezvous.html just in case you want to make sure of where you are going.)

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian proverb