14090: Racine125: Re: 14077: Saint-Vil: White man's burden theme in Haiti "mainstream" report... (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< “Haitian fratricide doesn’t fuel itself. White-US racism and governmental
 policies animates it, maintains it, keeps it running and stands guard against
 the Haitian women or men who tries to redress our very own pathologies.” >>

Oh please!  Everytime black people kill each other, rip each other off, scam
each other, oppress each other, it's white people's fault?  Black people were
killing each other enthusiastically in Africa before they even met white
people.  White people were killing each other in Europe, Asians were killing
each other in Asia, it's human nature, sad to say.

When Haitians face themselves squarely in the mirror, recognize the flaws in
their culture, and take responsibility for changing it, then things can
change.  We did that in America - we had a civil rights movement, the
feminist movement, gay pride, all sorts of progressive movements that
required Americans to examine ourselves and make constructive changes.  The
United States of the year 2002 is very different from that of 1950, does
anyone disagree?  We may not have succeeded 100% in transforming the United
States into a paradise on earth, but we've made progress, and Haitians can
too, if they are willing to undergo the same process.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html