14078: Chamberlain adds note to 14068: Ross: Khawly's death (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> RRoss44699@aol.com wrote:

>  I'd also like to add that none of Gerald Khawly's sons are in prison for
>  drug trafficking.  I reiterate that its only fair that you get your
facts
>  straight before defaming a deceased person.

And it's only fair that you read the passage you're commenting on, which
said:

> Gérald Khawly was a big godfather in the drug trafficking, everybody knew
that. Gérald was far richer than the prominent Jacmel  businessman Jacques
Khawly former mayor, now president of Chambre de commerce. Whose son by the
way is in prison in
connection with the landing of a Colombian plane.

"whose son by the way is in prison" clearly refers to _Jacques,_ not
Gérald.

I have no idea whether Jacques' son _is_ in prison, since, as stated, the
passage I posted was a comment from someone else that I thought would be of
interest to the group, in view of Kathy Grey's starkly contrasting view of
the deceased.

That said, can anyone tell if Jacques' son is in prison for the reason
stated?  His father is after all a leading local citizen, so it's of public
interest.  Kathy, you rub shoulders with the upper crust down there, you
must know...

        Greg Chamberlain