14133: Lyall on local news (fwd)

From: J.David <his_voidness@yahoo.com>

The local radio stations report all kinds of interesting things
that never get reported here, much less the internat press.

During the demos in centreville a few weeks ago the radio stations
(tele pres news was off the air for 3 or 4 days, btw) reported
that a student was shot in the streets and taken to the hospital.
Later someone with a gun entered the room and killed the wounded
student. I never read anything of this.

THe hospital workers went on strike demanding security guards.
Never read about that.

Right now they are reporting that senator Dany Toussaint has had
his body guard service cancelled. Now that is REAL interesting.

I understand maybe a quarter of the kreyol news so rely somewhat
on other blan telling me what the whole story was.

Does anyone know about this bodyguard story?

I won't comment more due to concerns about personal safety.

=====
J. David Lyall,
http://www.lyalls.net/