14140: Laleau: Break from politics

From: NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Pascal--I guess it depends on defining "politics." If it's the
blaming and
wrangling between individuals, groups, and other nations aspiring to rip
off
Haiti for their own gain, I've tried to focus on something else too. But
politics is also the struggle of majority class Haitians for justice. I
wish I
knew how to promote their well-being and focus on "growing" that
well-being
without getting hypnotized by the weeds in the remnants of Haiti's "lawn."
Perhaps focusing on projects that "grow" something for Haiti, and the
spirit
behind them (such as Paul Farmer's and Bob Corbett's work), would help.
But
"rache manyok" and "dechoukaj" will have to happen too. --nancy laleau