14149: Chamberlain responds to 14099: Pina (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

> Pina wrote:
> Mr. Chamberlain has referred to me in the past as a "government
apologist" and now he bestows upon me the mantle of "abuser of the press."

> He simultaneously vilifies any independent voice and attempt to set the
record straight.

There was recently a call in Corbettland for contributors to "declare their
interest" in one side or the other in the Haitian conflict.   Nobody saw
fit to answer.  We know Mr Nadal's -- he's been quite up-front about it.
But we need transparency from Pina.  Will he tell us about his links with
Lavalas and the state media and what money he receives from the public
purse?  Just so we may -- as we have been able to with Mr Nadal -- put his
remarks in their proper context.

(As for me, I don't work for any of Pina's "corporate media" targets or
indeed any media these days.  I have no axe to grind with any side in the
conflict).

        Greg Chamberlain