14173: Sanba: Re:14090: Racine125: Re: 14077: Saint-Vil: White man's burden them e in Haiti "mainstream" report... (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

I wish we do not put an end to this discussion. Personnally I think both sides of the debate can be justified.
While we cannot deny the external stirring of contradictions amid Haitians or the so-called third world (another notion to reach agreement on) we cannot discard the fact that civil war was taking place in Africa, Asia, Europe, and everywhere, even before the 15th century.
The question is how we, human, are going to face the sad realities underscoring both: human nature and political globalization one arm of which is called Low Intensity Warfare today, Cold War yesterday, and certainly will find another euphemism to disguise the horrendous face of domination, tomorrow.
Please don't let this discussion fade away without consensus. I urge all the professors, researchers and intellectuals on this list to fuel the debate with impavidly objective reasonning. Down with a priori. Let's redefine being human. Please!