14192: Sanba: Re:14067: stanley honorat re:ives and FRAPH leadership (fwd)

From: sanba@juno.com

I may be 14 days late, but the issue is still raging.

One cannot say that if a president is losing his mind for example he must go on with his term. However my suggestion is simple. If Aristide is so bad, and solely responsible for Haiti's backwardness, no history involved, if one thinks as one of my friends wrote in a private exchange that today the primary obstacle to anything positive to happen in Haiti is jba as you put it, there still exists an alternative to force, which is election, as it is that referendum is not admitted in our constitution, I do not see why, by the way...

I may seem beating the bushes, but we must agree that the Convergence never made one concession so far in the so-called negociation, in total defiance to fairness. It's time for this group to make one. After all it was not elected by the people to govern. Worse, it had been boycotting this process and did not even participate in the election it is after the fact so happy and eager to contest the result. Oddly enough the same JBA never rose this objection, by the way. In short in all fairness, it is high time for the Convergence to show it can also be fair. It has to accept to go for election, supervised not by JBA but by the OAS, USA included.

I think that objecting it can be done with JBA is begging for reconciling this gross pretext and the facts that the members of the same Convergence did participate in election in 1987 under Namphy and the military, they had reiterate under Ertha Pascal Trouillot heavily controlled by the military to say the least.

In short Convergence should go for election instead of forcing Aristide out, if possible. Otherwise you and I know that Aristide's supporters are never going to accept what hey would and should perceive as a coup. And if, like it is said, they are armed as are the old FRAPH, The disbanded army and the Convergence, you and I know what will be the end result nobody should not wish.

Merry Christmas if it ever can be for Haitians. Convergence knows it. What does it want and look for, and unfortunately others seem to eiter accept or not to think enough about...