14214: Simidor re: Sanba re: Police killings in Carrefour (fwd)

From: Daniel Simidor <karioka9@mail.arczip.com>

>From: sanba@juno.com
>
>While we have no way to investigate where the killings come from,
we must pay attention to the fact that the three brothers were
ordinary citizens. They were neither judges, nor journalists, nor
politicians, nor well-to-do entrepreneurs, nor political
activists. Yet they were killed by hooded men claded with military
uniforms. It would be very useful for us to know if this also
cannot be staged, trying to reconcile this particular
interpretation with that of december 17th of last year viewed by
the opposition as a mere staged joke. My question is about knowing
if in Haiti only the government has the means to stage events.
>As a follow up, I would try to wonder whether nobody opposing the
government are notorious criminals, old attachés, armed FRAPHISTS,
you name it.
>And more objectively I would ask what can explain this particular
killing? Pros and cons. And above all who can have any interest in
carrying it out even to mislead the opinion?

While you may "have no way to investigate" the above killings, you
should at least read some of the news available, in both French
and English over the internet, before attempting to spread doubt
about "where the killings came from."  In this case there is
sufficient evidence that a commando from the Carrefour police
kidnapped the three young men.  A 12-year-old boy who was in the
room during the action testified from hiding that he recognized
the voice and the silhouette of a cop from the neighborhood. The
young men's mother also testified from hiding that her sons had
been involved in protests against police lawlessness in Carrefour
and had been hiding from the police. In fact the police role is so
blatant that the Carrefour police chief was removed from the
investigation and three policemen suspended.

Unfortunately a well-known but quite discredited Lavalas tactic is
to object that "there is no proof," even when proof is staring
everybody in the face.

Daniel Simidor