14221: Dorce: Re: 14028: Simidor: Re: 14020: (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 12/9/02 4:59:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
karioka9@arczip.com (Simidor)writes:

<< But where were you, Madam Dorce, during the Clinton years?  Wasn't Titid
the inside man then?  And just what does he have to show for it (besides the
private deals over Teleco)?  Do tell.  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I felt better about US/Haitian policy when Clinton was in office but
unfortunately for us, the congress was in the hands of the Republicans, most
notibly the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman, Jesse Helms, Haiti's
dear friend.  I believe Clinton wanted to help Aristide and Haiti get on the
democratic track but he had other more pressing battles to fight and Haiti
took a back seat.  That Aristide got back to Haiti at all is testament to how
hard Clinton worked to do what was right.  I do not believe Haiti has had one
friend in the Republican party.....and with Jimmy Carter as a friend, who
needs enemies?  So the Democrats have not all been stellar.  Clinton, though
is a friend to Haiti, in my opinion.  He is a populist too.  If not for our
elites in this country, he would have made a bigger difference in Haiti, as
he tried to do here.

Kathy Dorce~