14256: Simidor, re Sanba: Re:14224: Gunmen in Haiti Attack Widow's House (fwd)

From: karioka9@arczip.com

Dear Francois,

It is not I, but the government you defend with such zeal, that is lacking
respect for human life and for the victims of violence in Haiti.  It is not I, but
the Lavalas regime, that is wallowing in impunity – impunity for the drug
dealers and the gang leaders who impose their own laws in the slums of Port-
au-Prince and Gonaives – impunity for those who murdered Jean-Marie
Vincent and Father “Ti Jean,” two cold-blooded murders that did not even get
the semblance of an investigation.

You ask: “Why should you feel like speaking of so-called attempt today, in
the aftermath of the Christmas night event against Michelle Montas, the
widow of Jean Dominique?”  And yet, Francois, all passion put aside, if it
was meant as a deadly warning, then it was not an actual assassination
attempt.  That’s really all I am saying.  I am not denying that there was an
attack against Montas.  I’m only trying to figure out where it came from and
what it meant for the country.  For all the prestige and the devotion that she
commands, Montas is only one person.  In my book, all kretyen vivan are
equal in the book of life, and frankly the few like Montas who live a life of
privilege are much less my concern than the millions whose lives are worth
nothing.  In my book, it is  the millions who count.

People like Seide are killed every day, their bodies dumped in places mostly
accessible to pigs and dogs who feed on them.  I’m not impressed by
crocodile tears. If, as I suggest, the “Christmas night event against Michelle
Montas” (your words, most cautiously) was meant as a warning or a deadly
threat, then it is a criminal conspiracy from highers-up in the government,
because only those at the top would know the content of that promised report
in the killing of Jean Dominique.  That really all I’m saying.  But I think you
and Jean-Pierre understand me quite well, and that’s really why you try cause
me such grief.

If on the other hand the “event” in question was just an attempted robbery, or
a drug-related incident as some police brass and Lavalas big shots are now
hinting, then I’m ready to eat my new boots at your command.

In any case Francois, many thanks for your advices and your high opinion of
me.  When all this is over, perhaps we will share a drink and a bowl of soup
joumou, “chez Rosie,” while lamenting all the damage done by “Ti Pè a” to a
movement which he didn’t start, and which will outlast him, have no fear.

Daniel Simidor