14269: Pierre Jean: Re: 14252: Sanok: Re: 14236: Pierre Jean:Re: 14234: Sanok: Re: 14227: Visas (fwd)

From: Pierre Jean <pierrejean01@yahoo.com>

Actually, Ms. Sanok, it wasn't your e-mail that set me
off .. and yes, I am ticked off! It is just that I
have been getting an awful lot of questions regarding
this from non-Haitian friends and acquaintances. Your
e-mail basically drove me over the edge. So I am
taking a deep breath, as you suggest.

While I understand the argument that one may need more
than 30 days to accomplish a certain task, it must be
pointed out that a longer stay typically requires in
most countries a visa other than a tourist visa.
Usually, individuals or groups that may need to stay
beyond 30 days in a country will be "sponsored" by a
local organization which will take care of the
paperwork.

My question to the many volunteers (like Matt Ray) who
go to Haiti several times a year is simple: has anyone
contacted the Department of Immigration regarding
procedures, visas, etc? If yes, what has been the
response? Has anyone asked for special arrangements?
What has been the response?

By the way, extending the visa period is free, from
what I understand of the new rules.

Regards.